You have been living in an apartment for a year. Recently the landlord notified you about rent increase starting from next month. Write a complaint letter to him/her and say- Introduce yourself and describe your situation.- Explain why you cannot pay the

You have been living in an apartment for a year. Recently the landlord notified you about rent increase starting from next month. Write a complaint letter to him/her and say
- Introduce yourself and describe your situation.
- Explain why you cannot pay the increased rent.
- What will you do, if the landlord will insist on increasing the rent?

Dear Sir,
M y name is Rahul and I have been living in your flat since last 2 years. Moreover, I had never complaint about any issues related to an apartment.

Yesterday, I had received a letter from your side about increase in house rent by 20% starting from the month of December. After reading the letter, I was really disappointed and worried. One of the main reasons to rent your house 2 years back was because of the cheaper rent compared to other apartments.

As you are aware, I am a student here and as the cost of living is very high in this city; definitely, it would be difficult for me to manage my monthly budget, if I accept your offer on the increase in rent. Thus, my personal request to you is to reconsider your decision and for this year and let me continue in the same rent. However, in case this is your final decision then I would prefer to vacate a house within one month after your confirmation.

I am looking forward to hearing soon from you. Accordingly, I will move out or stay in your flat.

Your’s faithfully
Rahul

I have been living in your flat since last 2 years.
I have been living in your flat for 2 years.
I have been living in your flat since 2013.

I had never complaint about
I had never complained about

about increase in house rent by 20%
about the increase in the house rent fee by 20%

One of the main reasons to rent your house 2 years back was because of the cheaper rent compared to other apartments.
wrong: reasons... was because of ....

------------------------