The bar chart above shows the top ten countries for the production and consumption of electricity in 2014 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The bar chart above shows the top ten countries for the production and consumption of electricity in 2014. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

“The bar chart gives information about the amount of electricity produced and consumed by the world’s top ten energy users in 2014.

Overall, it is clear to see that china and the usa produced and consumed significantly more electricity than any other country. Interestingly, germany was the only country in the top 10 that consumed more electricity than it produced.

In 2014, china was the world leader in electricity production and consumption, with over 5000 billion kwh for each. The usa was in second place, producing and consuming about one-fifth less than china. In third place was Russia, although its power production and consumption was only around 1000 billion kwh.

The lowest producer in the top 10 was South Korea with 485.1 billion kwh, which was about half of fourth-place country Japan. The seventh and eight-placed countries – France and Brazil – both produced and consumed similar amounts of electricity at around 550 billion kwh for production and 450 billion kwh for consumption. Finally, in ninth-place, germany produced only 526.6 billion kwh of power, but it consumed 582.5 billion kwh, which was actually the fifth highest.