The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did regular physical activity in 2010

The bar chart depicts the proportion of Australian males and females in six age groups who exercised on a regular basis in 2010. Overall, it is readily apparent that women exercised regularly more than men, except for those aged 15 to 24.

In detail, in the youngest age group (15 to 24), 52.8% of men did constant exercise while only 47.7% of women did regular exercise. However, for people aged 25 and above, men were less active than women. Started from age category of 25 to 34, only 42.2% of males did regular physical activity, while 48.9% of females constantly exercised. Furthermore, only 39.5% of males did exercise on regular basis, while 52.5% of females did regular physical activity for Australian aged 35 to 44.

Meanwhile, in the age category of 45 to 54, the proportion of males who exercised consistently increased to 43.1%. However, this number is still lower compared to the percentage of females who regularly exercised, at 53.3%. Next, for people aged 55 to 64, 45.1% of men did constant exercise, while 53% of women consistently did physical activity. Lastly, for Australian aged 65 and over, the proportion of males and females who exercised consistently were almost the same, at 46.7% and 47.1%, respectively.