The bar chart below shows the top ten countries for the production and consumption of electricity in 2014.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Write at least 150 words.

doubletee's picture

These bar charts depict the amount of electricity generated and used by ten countries in 2014. Overall, we can see that China led for both utilization and consumption of electricity, while Korea Rep was at the last place.

As the bar chart suggests, China was in the first place for both production and consumption, with amount of 5398 billion kWh and 5322 billion kWh. Following China, there was United States that generated and used not slightly different amount of electricity, at 4099 billion kWh and 3866 billion kWh, respectively. Other countries than China and United States did not produce and consumed electricity as many as they did. Russia, which was on the 3rd place, only generated 1057 billion kWh electricity and used 1038 billion kWh electricity. The amount did not even reach a half of United States' production and consumption. After Russia, there were Japan and India with the utilization and usage amount 936.2 billion kWh and 856.7 for Japan, and 871 billion kWh and 698.8 billion kWh for India.

Following India was Canada, which utilized and used electricity at 618.9 billion kWh and 499.9 billion kWh, respectively. The next countries with similar amount of electricity production and consumption were France, Brazil, and Germany. France and utilized 561.2 billion kWh electricity and consumed 462.9 billion kWh electricity, while Brazil produced and consumed slightly different amount of electricity, at 530.7 billion kWh and 455.8 billion kWh, respectively. However, Germany was the only country that consumed electricity more than generated it, with amount 582.5 billion kWh, and 526.6 billion kWh, respectively. At the last place was Korea Rep, with the amount of electricity produced as much as 485.1 billion kWh and usage amount as much as 449.5 billion kWh.