Essay topics: The chart below shows the amount of time that 10 to 15-year-olds spend chatting on the Internet and playing on games consoles on an average school day in the UK.
The chart compares the time spent on chatting online and playing on game consoles by younger people who aged betwenn 10-15 in the UK.
In general, playing on games consoles for both boys and girls is the most popular activities than chatting on the internet (68% as against 62%).
In terms of chat online, girls make up a higher percentage of spending time on chating online than Boys with around 68% and 54% respectively. The proportion of girls used 4 hours or plus in chatting on the internet was 8% which was twice as high as that of boys. However, the pattern is the complete reverse when it comes to Playing on computer game. 85% of boys spent on playing games console while girls accounted for nearly 52% on that. The rate of boys used 1-3 hours was 34% as opposed on this, girls only comprised 13% in playing on game console. With approximate 10% of boys spent on 4 hours or plus in playing on games console was a much higher than that of girls (10% in comparision with 2%).
- In developing countries, children in rural communities have less access to education. Some people believe that the problem can be solved by providing more schools and teachers, while others think that the problem can be solved by providing computers and i (73)
- Some people believe government should spend money on building train and subway to reduce traffic congesstion. Others think that building more and wider road is the better way to reduce traffic congestion. Disscuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Some people think that it is good for a country's culture to import foreign movies and TV programmes. Others think that it is better to produce these locally. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Some people belive that crime is a result of social problems and poverty, other think that crime is a result of person’s nature. Discuss both views and give your own opinions. (73)
- Nowadays more and more young people hold the important positions in the government. Some people think that is a good thing while others argue that it is not suitable. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (73)
- Developments in technology have brought various environmental problems. Some people believe that people need to live simpler lives to solve environmental problems. Others, however, believe technology is the way to solve these problems. Discuss both views (84)
- Some people think that it is best to live in a horizontal city while others think of a vertical city. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Some people believe famous people’s support towards international aid organizations draws attention to problems. Others think celebrities make the problem less important. Disscuss both view and give your opinion. (89)
- Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or work in a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.Discuss both views and give your own opp (73)
- Some people think that schools schould reward students who show the best academic results, while others believe that it is more important to reward students who show improvement. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (73)