The chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

Chang Xu's picture

The chart gives information about the percentage in terms of households owning and renting accommodation in England and Wales from 1918 to 2011.
Overall, the percentage of households owning accommodation demonstrated an upward trend while the figure for households renting accommodation declined over the 93 years.
Look into more detail, households in owned accommodation occupied just over 20% while the percentage of households in rented accommodation occupied almost 80% in 1918. By 1939, the percentage of households owning accommodation increased to more than 30%, at the same time, the percentage of households renting accommodation decreased to less than 70%. In the following 14 years, the figures remained at the same level. From 1953 to 2001, the number of households owning accommodation showed a stable upward trend. By contrast, households renting accommodation experienced a lasting decline.
However, after presenting dramatic growth, households owning accommodation demonstrated a small decrease to approximately 65%. Meanwhile, the figure for households renting accommodation up to around 35%.