The chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011.
Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant

The bar graph depicts the proportion of the owned and rented homes of the families in England and Wales from 1918 to 2011.
Overall it can be inferred that the people who own increased whereas those who rent houses seemed to decrease over the mentioned years.

In 1918, the percentage of rented households was 73% which is significantly high as compared with owned i.e., around 23%. This same trend was followed in the upcoming years from 1939 till 1961. However, in the year 1971, people constitute owned and rented homes in the same proportion which is equal to 50%.

From the year 1981 till 2011, amount of people owning their places took a lead when compared with others who leased the apartment. The ratio of owned to rented was 60:40 in 1981 and attained a gradual raise in the following years and in 2011 it reached a ratio of 63:38.

To conclude, though the initial phases showed the rented households high around 78% had a gradual slump upto 38%. On the other hand, the owned proportion had a raise from 23% to 63% over the years 1918 to 2011.