the chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011 summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where possible

the chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011

summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where possible

The bar graph illustrates about the proporation of households in two types of accommodation (owned and rented) in England and Wales in two time periods (1918 and 2011).

Overall, it can be clearly seen that people favored rental over owned accommodation in 1918 while after nearly a century their preferences changed to owning a house. In 1971, both means of accommodation had an equal share in the household.

Firstly, in 1918 owned accommodation was less than one quarter and its peak was in the year 2001 with nearly 70% of total share. It was steadily increasing from 1918 till 2001. However, in 2011 it showed a five percentage dip in ownership with approximately 65%.

Secondly, households that were rented had more than three quaters of accommodation in 1918. In the following years, it showed decreasing trend until 2001 with around 30% renting accommodation. By the next decade, renting saw a growth of 5% and had nearly 35% in 2011.