Essay topics: The chart shows how urban refuse is assorted for recycling.
The diagram shows how the urban waste is recycled.
The recycling process starts from the collection of three different kinds of recyclables, namely bottles, paper and durables, from perspective rubbish bins. Then these recyclables are sorted by material recovery facilities, turning them into soft drink container, newspapers and paper towels, and other recyclables. The containers are then sent to soft drink companies while newspapers and paper towels are transferred to paper and pulp mills, where they are subsequently made into new products and return to consumers again.
The remaining recyclables have to be further processed. They are first cleaned, classified, and smashed, before being sold to engineering organizations and property developer, which buy aluminium, and glass and plastic respectively and manufacture new products. These products would be bought by households, businesses, and individual customers as well.
To summarise, the recycling processes of bottles and paper consist of two stages, being available for use after sorting out, while other recyclables have to be further processed and handled by different companies. All the rubbishes come from households, businesses, and individual customers and will finally return to them after recycling.
- Some people believe that people who read books can develop more imagination and language skills than those who prefer to watch TV. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (84)
- recycle of urban refuse (84)
- The chart shows how urban refuse is assorted for recycling. (84)
- In some countries, it is now possible for people to buy products made in other countries. To what extent do the benefits of this development outweigh the problems? (61)
- Advertising aimed at children should be banned. To what extent do you agree or disagree. (61)
- Instead of asking the government to bear the cost of higher education, students should pay tuition fees themselves. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? (67)
- In many countries traditional food is being replaced by international fast food. This has negative effects on both families and societies. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (84)
- It is better for students to live away from home while studying at university than living with parents. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)
- The chart below contains information provided by Australia's tertiary institutions about the percentage of male and female students who enrolled in different subjects in 1995. (73)
- A longer prison term as a way of punishing those who break the law is not as good as other methods. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)