The chart shows the percentage of males and females who were overweight in Australia from 1980 to 2010

The bar chart gives information about the proportion of Australian residents who are prone to obese by genders in the 1980-2010 period.
Overall, it is clear that the number of overweight people experienced a upward trend year by year. Besides, the percentage of men who were overweight was higher than that of women.
In 1980, while precisely 40% of Australian males confronted with obese, that of females who lived in Australia was only 32%. After 10 years, in 1990, people who dwelled in Australia witnessed an increasing trend of the percentage of obese men to approximately 45%, compared to roughly 22% of women.
The number of Australian men who are overweight had a significant growth in 2000, at over 60%, which was higher than that of women, at around 55%. Nevertheless, the figures slightly dropped in the next 10 years, in 2010. The proportion of fat men in Australia was exactly 60% in 2010, compared to that of women, at nearly 55%.