The diagram below shows the stages and equipments used in the cement making process and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes

The diagram below shows the stages and equipments used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes.

The diagrams illustrate the phases and apparatus to make cement and how cement is utilised in the production of concrete for construction.

The production of cement involves a 5 stage, linear process that begins with the mixing of raw materials and culminates in the packaging of new cement. Making concrete is a simpler process that involves mixing four ingredients in a concrete mixer.

Limestone and clay are crushed and the resulting powder is then mixed before being passed through a rotating heater. Once heated this mixture travels over a conveyor belt and is ground through a grinder. Now that the cement has been produced, it is packaged and transported to a building site where it can be used to make concrete.

Concrete is made up of half gravel, quarter sand, 10% water and 15% cement. All of these are added together in a cylindrical drum and rotated until concrete is yielded.