The graph below shows the average time spent by four car manufacturers to produce vehicles at their US factories

The graph below shows the average time spent by four car manufacturers to produce vehicles at their US factories.

The given line graph compares the average number of hours taken to produce a car by four selected companies in US from 1998 to 2005.

Overall, the average time spent on making a car dropped substantially. In details, that of General Motor witnessed the most significant changes in comparison with the other three manufactures.

In 1998, General Motor spent 32 hours producing a vehicle while it was 28 hours in terms of Ford. In contrast, both Toyota and Honda took only 22 hours to manufacturing a product. During the span of time, the average time of the two latter experienced a mild fluctuation around 22%. Meanwhile, Ford, after a sight increase to reach a peak at roughly 32 hours in 2001, there was a moderate reduction in the number of hours on a car.

Moving on to the figure for General Motor, it was a rapid decline of 10 hours within the 8-year period. However, this company still overtook the others to spend the most hours on making a car in 2005. Coming after was Ford with 21 hours and Toyota and Honda with 20 hours. Although four companies stayed exactly the same order as in 1998, the gap between them was immensely reduced after 8 years.