The graph below shows the consumption of 3 spreads from 1981 to 2007

The provided line graph compares the amount consumed using three different spread namely, margarine, low fat and reduced spreads and butter over a period of 26 years. Units are measured in grams.

Overall, it is clear that during the initial year butter was by far the most favorable type of spread, while low fat and reduced spread came up as a new form of food spread in 1996 and became the most widely used in the final year.

During the period of 16 years from 1981 to 1995, butter and margarine were the only utilized type of spread; however, with regards to the amount being used, butter was comparatively popular than margarine. Around 140 grams of butter consumed and reached the top at approximately 160 in 1986 before falling dramatically to about 50 grams in the last year, after which the figure fluctuated and dropped to a low of 40 grams in 2007.

On the other hand, the consumption of low fats and reduced spreads only started in 1996 at about 10 grams. This figure, which reached a high of just over 80 grams in 5 years later, fell slightly in the final years to almost 70 grams in 2007.