The graph below shows female unemployment rates in each country of the United Kingdom in 2013 and 2014.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

maya123's picture

The bar chart illustrates changes in female unemployment rates in the four countries namely, England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland of the UK in 2013 and 2014.

Overall, female unemployment rate was the highest in Scotland and the lowest in Northern Ireland in 2014. Whereas, it was the highest in England and lowest in Wales in 2013.

In 2013 there were 6.8% female job seekers in England which declined a little to 6.5% in 2014. Wales also saw a decrease in female unemployment rate from 5.4% to 5% between 2013 and 2014. In Northern Ireland the similar trend has been seen as female unemployment rate fell from 5.6% to 4.6%, showing almost 1% of decrease.
In contrast, Scotland has seen a rise in female unemployment rate from 6.1% to 6.7% in 2013 and 2014, respectively. Even though it was a small increase, it makes Scotland the highest in regards to the number of female job seekers among England, Wales and Northern Ireland.