The bar chart below shows the estimated percentage of car trips taken by drivers in 2005.

maya123's picture

The bar chart illustrates approximate percentage of car journeys made by male and female drivers for reasons namely shopping,work,recreation,visiting friends,going to bank,visiting town,running errands and courses in 2005.

Overall,the highest percentage of car trips were made to go to work by both male and female drivers.The least percentage of
car trips were made for the purpose of visiting town and these were made by female drivers.Male drivers used a car the least for going to the bank and running errands.

The car trips made to go to work accounted for approximately 52% for men and 39% for women.While male drivers took around 12% car trips for recreation and this was the second most common reason for them to use a car following work, female drivers took around 18% car trips for shopping and it was the second most common reason for them to use a car following work.

Male drivers made around 10% of car journeys for shopping ,9% for visiting town,8% for courses,6% for visiting friends and around equal number of journeys to go to bank and running errands i.e. around 4%.Whereas female drivers did around 14% of car journeys to attend courses,10 % running errands ,9% to go to bank, 4% for recreation and 2% for visiting town.