the graph below shows the percentage of population in cities since 1970s with projection to 2030

The line chart compares four different countries in terms of the proportion of their population from 1970 and the estimated figures until 2030.

Overall, the number of people in all countries increase. It is noticeable that the USA accounted for the highest figure.

In 1970, well-over seven in ten of population were seen in the USA while Korean made up much lower rate, at about 40%. The number of people in China and India were the same, at just a-fifth. From 1970 to 1990, Korea witnessed a considerable upward trend of 30% in the number of people whereas the figure for China remained unchanged

Between 1990 and 2030, there was a considerable rise in the percentage of people in the US and it is projected to reach a peak at 90% in 2030. By 2030, the number of individuals in Korea will have predicted to constantly rise and even equal the data of America. The figure for China is estimated to climb to nearly two-third in 2030, which is over twice times as much as that of India