The graph gives information about drinking habits of the US population by age Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The graph gives information about drinking habits of the US population by age.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The graph shows the percentage of Americans having a drinking habit by age.
Overall, there is a difference in the proportion of four points by age. Generally, the largest percentage of the chart was contributed by never-drinker, whereas heavy-drinker contributed the smallest portion at all.
At age of 16 - 21, never-drinker have a larger proportion than the other, at 62%. Besides, the number of people who have never drunk before decreased by age, at about 40% at the age of 65-74.
Ex-drinker increased significantly from 8% to 40%. It is the highest percentage at the age of 65-74. While light-drinker decreased moderately by 15% and hit the lowest point at about 10%.
Finally, heavy-drinker had always had a tiny fraction and fluctuated from 3% to 13%. At the age of 45-54, people drinking heavily reached a peak, at about 13%.