The line graph below shows the consumption of 4 different types of meat by European country from 1979 to 2004.

The graph illustrates the quantities of fish and different kinds of meats consumed in a European country between the time period of 1979 and 2004. Over this span of 25 years, the consumption of beef, lamb and fish have all decreased while the consumption of chicken has dramatically risen.

The biggest consumption in 1979 was beef (about 220 grams per person was consumed every week) while the lowest consumption in 1979 was fish (around 60 gram per week was consumed by a person). The amount of fish which was eaten has remained almost constant at about 50 grams from 1979 and 2004. The trends of beef and lamb consumption were similar, with decreases in amount in between the years. While beef consumption had declined from over 200 grams per person per week to around 100 grams during 25 years, lamb’s was starting 150 grams to approximately 50 grams at the same period.

In contrast, chicken consumption had grown up gradually to year of 194, reaching a peak at 250grams per person every week in between 1994 and 2004.