The maps below show the centre of a small town called Islip as it is now, and plans for its development.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

neocsc's picture

The maps illustrate the centre of a small town named Islip at present and how it will be looking after being refurbished.

Overall, there will be significant changes in the infrastructure of the Islip town such as the construction of new buildings and a roundabout with dual carriageway.

At present, Islip town is crossed from west to east through the main road, which is surrounded by shops on each side. In the north is situated the countryside, while in the south the housings are placed. There is a detour on the west of the road leading to a school and other on the east to access the park.

In the future, will be constructed a roundabout with dual carriageway around the Islip town, which is divided by a pedestrians-only lane from west to east. In the north will be settled a bus station, a shopping centre, a car park and the new housing that can be accessed by one detour. On the south of the pedestrian lane will be located some shops and another building for parking.
Furthermore, will be settled more houses in the south and an enlarged school outside the roundabout.

Your rating: None Average: 8.2 (2 votes)