The maps below show the changes experienced by the town of Lakeside between 2000 and 2009 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The maps below show the changes experienced by the town of Lakeside between 2000 and 2009.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The map depicts the modernization taken place in Lakeside town over the course of 9 years – from 2000 to 2009.

Overall, the town has witnessed significant changes, the most prominent of which is the expansion of the industrial complex in the southeast, as well as the removal of two residential areas – one near the river and one aligned itself with the unrefurbished industrial complex. However, the residential area in the northwest and the woodland on the other side of the river stayed unchanged over the time period.

As per the maps, from 2000 to 2009, the derelict warehouses have been demolished to make way for a new car park. Similarly, there has been a removal of the residential area near the river to provide space for a new shopping center. Adjacent to it is the multi-screen cinema in replacement of the old arts center.

To the upper west of Lakeside, the old town adjacent to the residential area and the warehouses has turned into a complex of education properties with school and university being built, as well as the triangle-shaped office area being erected. Last but not least, throughout the time period, the lake in the northeast of the town has been shrunk into a pond.