The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010

The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010.

The charts illustrate the proportion of spending on different goods and services of households in two different countries in 2010.

Overall, it is clear that householders in both countries spent the largest proportion of their income on Housing and Hood, while Healthcare was the service receiving the lowest share of expenditure.

The proportion of spending on Housing was highest in Malaysia, at 34% while Japanese families allocated just 21% of their budget for this category. In terms of food, the figures for both nations were similar, at 24% and 27% for Malaysia and Japan respectively.

Regarding the remaining categories, Transport accounted for exactly a fifth of total expenditure in Japan, twice as much as the figure for Malaysia. Healthcare received the least amount of money in two countries while the percentage of money spent on Other goods and services were quite significant, at over a quarter in each country.