The pie charts illustrate the proportion of sodium saturated fats and added sugars in four types of meals in the USA

The pie charts illustrate the proportion of sodium, saturated fats and added sugars in four types of meals in the USA

The pie charts illustrate the proportion of sodium, saturated fats and added sugars in four types of meals in the USA. Overall, the percentages of three nutrients in breakfast are the lowest while the figures for sodium and saturated fat in dinner are the highest.
The amount of sodium consumed in the dinner is the most popular among the four meals, at 43%. That of lunch is significantly lower, at 29% whereas the figures for snacks and breakfast are the least common, both at 14%.
In terms of saturated fat, it is eaten mostly in dinner, with 37%. The percentage of saturated fat is consumed in lunch is 26%, ranked in second place. Meanwhile, those of breakfast and snacks are lower, at 16% and 21% respectively.
Turning to added sugar, top of the list is snacks, with 42%. The figures for breakfast, lunch and dinner are significantly lower, ranging from 16% to 23%.