The proportion of monthly household income five European countries spend on food and drink housing clothing and entertainment

The proportion of monthly household income five European countries spend on food and drink, housing, clothing and entertainment.

The table shows the trends of spending household income across five European countries. At a glance it could be observed that an average of about 50% of the income is spent on food and housing combined. The clothing and entertainment only constitute to about 25% except in the case of Germany which is at 34%.

Turkey spends the highest of 36% on food and drink. The least being Germany at 22%. Coming to the housing, it can be seen UK spends the most at 37% and Germany following close by at 33% the least spent on housing would be Spain at 18%.

When it comes to clothing, Germant is at the top spending 15% of the income and least would be France at only 7% and just above it is Spain at 8%. Turkey is the least spending on entertainmant at only 10% followed by UK at 11% and the highest spent is Germany with 19% of their income.