Essay topics: The table below gives information about the five small companies in Britain that came top in a survey of staff conducted by a national newspaper to find out which companies are the best to work for.
The table depicts about the dominant five small companies in Britain as per the survey of staff undertaken by a national newspaper in order to determine which company is the most appropriate to work for.
Overall, with the exception of 'male:female ratio' and 'staff in high income bracket', fifth company surpasses considerably its counterparts in the rest three positions.
In terms of staff numbers, with 190, the fifth company heads the list, while the first company stands at 56, which is about three times much less than 5th company. Other three companies have approximately 75 staffs. Turning to the genders ratio, 2nd and 5th companies have almost similar ratios (47:53 vs 51:49), but in the first and the fourth, women have outstripped men readily. By contrast, there remains the greatest number of males (74%) in the third company. Looking at the age of the staff, over 55s folks are nowhere near as close as under 35s.
In the case of staff turnover, the first four companies are all under 20%, whereas the fifth represents exactly a third (33%) of the total. The first three companies earn far higher (34%, 48% and 74%) than the 4th and 5th companies (5% and 2%) correspondingly regarding the 'staff in high income bracket'.
- Some people think it is more important to plant more tree in open areas in towns and cities than provide more housing. To what extend do you agree or disagree? (89.5)
- Some people believe that modern designs for schools and offices with more open spaces are necessary. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such spaces? Give your opinion. (89.5)
- Some people believe that modern designs for schools and offices with more open spaces are necessary. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such spaces? Give your opinion. (46.3333)
- Some people think it is more important to plant more tree in open areas in towns and cities than provide more housing. To what extend do you agree or disagree? (79.6667)
- Most people try to balance between work and other part of lives. Unfortunately, not many achieve this delicate balance. What are the main problems people are facing? What is the best way to overcome them? (69.6667)
- While some people consider global warming to be the most pressing environmental problem which we have at the moment, others believe that deforestation has a more devastating impact on our world.Discuss both sides and give your opinion. (89.5)
- some people say that what children watch on TV influences their behavior while others say the amount of time they spend watching TV influences their behavior. Discuss both views and give your opinion (84.5)
- Large businesses have big budgets for marketing and promotion and as a result, people gravitate towards buying their products.What problems does this cause?What could be done to encourage people to buy local products? (94.5)
- Many criminals re-offend after they have been punished. Why do some people continue to commit crimes after they have been punished, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem? (100)
- The money given to help poor countries does not solve the problem of poverty, so rich countries should give other types of help instead.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (89.5)