The table shows information about department stores and online stores in Australia in 2011 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant The table graph illustrates data on department stores and

The table shows information about department stores and online stores in Australia in 2011. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. The table graph illustrates data on department stores and online stores in Australia throughout 2011.

The table graph illustrates data on department stores and online stores in Australia throughout 2011.

As an overall trend, it is immediately that the figure for online stores generally exceeded the figure for department stores.

The number of online stores was almost sixfold higher than that of department stores. In terms of sales revenue, 368 online stores generated 13400 million AUD as opposed to 12700 million AUD of department stores. A similar pattern is evident in terms of profit, the amount of profit sold in the online stores was high with roughly 863 million AUD, whereas the figure for department stores was low at merely 807 million AUD. As regards the growth rates, the proportion of online stores was higher than the figure for department stores, roughly 0,6%, and merely under 0.4% in turn.