the two graphs show the main sources of energy in the USA in 1980 and 1990

Essay topics:

the two graphs show the main sources of energy in the USA in 1980 and 1990

The pie charts illustrate the amount of energy used in the USA from 5 main sources in the year 1980 and 1990.

Overall, the USA saw an increase in the proportion of energy came from Coal and Nuclear power from 1980 to 1990.Whereas, there was a decline in the figure for Oil, Natural gas and Hydroelectric power remained stable over the observed period.

22% of energy came from Coal in 1980. Hydroelectric and Nuclear power each accounted for 5% of the total energy. While the percentage of energy used from Coal and Hydroelectric increased to 27% and 10% respectively in 1990, Hydroelectric remained relatively constant with 5%.

Oil was the dominant fuel source in 1980 with 42% of energy, which was twice as high as the figure for Natural gas. In 1990, the figure for Oil dropped significantly by 9% while there was a slight decrease in the energy came from Natural gas, which stood at 25% in 1990.

Votes
Average: 7.3 (1 vote)
Essays by the user:

Comments

Grammar and spelling errors:
Line 5, column 113, Rule ID: SENTENCE_WHITESPACE
Message: Add a space between sentences
Suggestion: Whereas
...oal and Nuclear power from 1980 to 1990.Whereas, there was a decline in the figure for ...
^^^^^^^

Transition Words or Phrases used:
if, so, whereas, while

Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments

Performance on Part of Speech:
To be verbs : 4.0 7.0 57% => More to be verbs wanted.
Auxiliary verbs: 0.0 1.00243902439 0% => OK
Conjunction : 6.0 6.8 88% => OK
Relative clauses : 2.0 3.15609756098 63% => OK
Pronoun: 0.0 5.60731707317 0% => OK
Preposition: 29.0 33.7804878049 86% => OK
Nominalization: 1.0 3.97073170732 25% => More nominalizations (nouns with a suffix like: tion ment ence ance) wanted.

Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 758.0 965.302439024 79% => OK
No of words: 159.0 196.424390244 81% => More content wanted.
Chars per words: 4.76729559748 4.92477711251 97% => OK
Fourth root words length: 3.55098862472 3.73543355544 95% => OK
Word Length SD: 2.67762079077 2.65546596893 101% => OK
Unique words: 83.0 106.607317073 78% => More unique words wanted.
Unique words percentage: 0.522012578616 0.547539520022 95% => OK
syllable_count: 222.3 283.868780488 78% => OK
avg_syllables_per_word: 1.4 1.45097560976 96% => OK

A sentence (or a clause, phrase) starts by:
Pronoun: 0.0 1.53170731707 0% => OK
Article: 3.0 4.33902439024 69% => OK
Subordination: 1.0 1.07073170732 93% => OK
Conjunction: 0.0 0.482926829268 0% => OK
Preposition: 1.0 3.36585365854 30% => More preposition wanted as sentence beginning.

Performance on sentences:
How many sentences: 7.0 8.94146341463 78% => Need more sentences. Double check the format of sentences, make sure there is a space between two sentences, or have enough periods. And also check the lengths of sentences, maybe they are too long.
Sentence length: 22.0 22.4926829268 98% => OK
Sentence length SD: 61.3254949147 43.030603864 143% => OK
Chars per sentence: 108.285714286 112.824112599 96% => OK
Words per sentence: 22.7142857143 22.9334400587 99% => OK
Discourse Markers: 3.14285714286 5.23603664747 60% => OK
Paragraphs: 4.0 3.83414634146 104% => OK
Language errors: 1.0 1.69756097561 59% => OK
Sentences with positive sentiment : 7.0 3.70975609756 189% => OK
Sentences with negative sentiment : 0.0 1.13902439024 0% => More negative sentences wanted.
Sentences with neutral sentiment: 0.0 4.09268292683 0% => More facts, knowledge or examples wanted.
What are sentences with positive/Negative/neutral sentiment?

Coherence and Cohesion:
Essay topic to essay body coherence: 0.245638501654 0.215688989381 114% => OK
Sentence topic coherence: 0.139274035535 0.103423049105 135% => OK
Sentence topic coherence SD: 0.112859241942 0.0843802449381 134% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence: 0.193104159762 0.15604864568 124% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence SD: 0.113984860838 0.0819641961636 139% => OK

Essay readability:
automated_readability_index: 12.4 13.2329268293 94% => Automated_readability_index is low.
flesch_reading_ease: 66.07 61.2550243902 108% => OK
smog_index: 8.8 6.51609756098 135% => OK
flesch_kincaid_grade: 9.5 10.3012195122 92% => OK
coleman_liau_index: 10.68 11.4140731707 94% => OK
dale_chall_readability_score: 7.61 8.06136585366 94% => OK
difficult_words: 29.0 40.7170731707 71% => More difficult words wanted.
linsear_write_formula: 11.0 11.4329268293 96% => OK
gunning_fog: 10.8 10.9970731707 98% => OK
text_standard: 11.0 11.0658536585 99% => OK
What are above readability scores?

---------------------

Rates: 73.0337078652 out of 100
Scores by essay e-grader: 6.5 Out of 9
---------------------
Note: the e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas. VIP users will receive further evaluations by advanced module of e-grader and human graders.