The two pie chart show the types of communication used in 1962 and 1982 Write a report to describe the information shown in the charts

The pie charts depict the three most ubiquitous means of communication utilized over the course of twenty years, from 1962 to 1982.

Overall, the prevalence of these mediums of catching-up has changed significantly between those years. To be more specific, letters lost their place over the time period. Nevertheless, chatting and interacting with friends and family using phones and computers got more popular over time.

In 1962, communicating by letters made up the lion’s share of the pie chart with 50%, which is synonymous with being the most common way of communication. However, twenty years later, this became the least-used communicating tool with only 10%, which is exactly one-fifth that of the aforementioned year.

What is more, the prevalence of using computers for interacting has doubled, crossing the 30% mark over two decades. Evidently, chatting through phones also gained significant ubiquity with 35% and 60% in 1962 and 1982, respectively.