The pie charts provide information about the percentage of British students able to speak other languages in addition to English. The charts give the possibility to compare how thing have changed over ten years, from 2000 until 2010.
First of all, we can notice that the percentage of students speaking only English have dropped from 20% to 10 % in the course of the decade. Knowledge in German have remained steady while the number of students speaking French has slightly decreased from 15% to 10%.
The number of students being able to speak Spanish has lightly increased from 30% to 35%. Overall the figures illustrate an increase in the numbers of students familiar with foreign languages.
- Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences Discuss both these views and give your opinion 73
- It is expected that there will be a higher proportion of older people than that of young people in many countries in the future Do you think it is a positive or negative development 89
- More people are spending their free time watching movies Why is this Is it a good thing or bad thing 89
- The spread of multinational companies and the resulting increase of globalization produce positive effects to everyone Do you agree or disagree 56
- Some people say History is one of the most important school subjects Other people think that in today s world subjects like science and technology are more important than history Discuss both these views and give your own opinion 89