Write a letter to your manager about a computer system problem that you have encountered and say Describe the problem How it is affecting your work What needs to be done about it

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to draw your immediate attention to the problems which I am facing during my work because of my laptop performance issues for the past three days.

My computer virus definitions are outdated. Due to this problem, I need to work for extra hours to complete my daily assigned tasks. Last week, I have updated my Windows with some latest versions on my machine. As a result, the latest window updated on my machine does not support the current virus definitions software. Every half-hour, the message pops up on my screen that your machine has dated virus definitions. However, I tried to update the latest antivirus software, but no luck as it requires administrative access to install any software on the machine which I can get only from the IT department.

IHence, I called the IT team and they have raised a ticket in regards to my laptop performance issues. They informed me to be available tomorrow for reforming my PC software. Please expect a delay in submitting my tomorrow's work

I hope you understand my situation. Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Shwatank Bhasin