Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Classmates are a more important influence than parents on a child’s success in school. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Being successful in the school requires many sacrifices, and is a dream of many students as well. Regarding this argument, some people feel that a student is more influenced by a classmate rather than a parent in terms of achieving positive outcomes in school. From my everyday experience and observation, I honestly believe that parents instead of companions, have more repercussion on the adolescents.

Primarily, older family members are the individuals which spend most of their time with their kids, which generally tend to fear the parents. Hence, this preoccupation itself leads a child to give a immense effort in order to get higher marks in various subject. In today's society, commonly classmates as well as friends provide advices and assistances of different type in a tough period, therefore it is rare to find a friend who provides motivations toward studies. To illustrate, behind the exceptional school outcomes of my cousin, is there his both mother and father, who encouraged him to maintain a higher level of study, friends instead, have helped him during certain financial and emotional problems. Hence, from this point of view, parents seem to have more impact in term of study support.

In addition, as the parents are role model for such youth, valuable habits consequently are handed down to the new generations, and as a result this could indirectly affect the studies. To be specific, if a parent used to focus his own attention on job task or project, rather then spending time in other pointless activities, the children too, will learn to do the school assignments and dedicate much time as they can in learning through books. For instance, a friend of mine who has been recently graduated, has explained that much of the merit behind his success goes to the parents which educated him to study through appropriate parents themselves habits. Thus, it must be acknowledged that the parents play an important role in such argument, and sometimes they unconsciously provide a better approach between their children and school by their lifestyle and attitude.

To conclude, as an overall judgment, for the number of reasons stated above, it could be said that parents undoubtedly offer a huge support for a child school progress rather than the classmates.

Sentence: For instance, a friend of mine who has been recently graduated, has explained that much of the merit behind his success goes to the parents which educated him to study through appropriate parents themselves habits.
Description: A WH-determiner is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to which and educated