It is sometimes said that a high salary is the most important factor in choosing a job. Do you agree?

Due to the current materialistic lifestyle, some people argue that wages are the governing factor to select their jobs. In my view, there are more important points controlling job selection -in particular, the professional development, the comfort and the safety of the job.

Firstly ,without continuous improvement in our professions , there will not be gained experience .That is why it is common for fresh graduates to refuse to work with well-paid jobs which are irrelevant to their qualifications .On the other hand , people who accepted to work in such irrelevant jobs are highly likely to regret in the future .For example ,one of my friends got a high salary-job offer to work as a customer service officer , although he graduated as a civil engineer .He was initially satisfied with such job ;however, after few years he realized that it was not a profound decision . His civil engineering skills were decreasing drastically .Furthermore, his colleagues have been promoted in their jobs and they were earning more salaries due to their relevant experience.

Other major factor is the comfort and the safety of the selected job. For instance, some people prefer to acquire less salary in a comfortable job rather than working for long hours in high salary-work.
In addition, it is believed that nothing is worth to work in unsafe locations. For example, although websites are fully of vacant jobs in Nigeria, it is difficult for the international companies to find expats who are willing to travel there due to terrorism and lacking of security system.

In conclusion, I reaffirm that although high salary are a major factor to select a job, there are other significant points which are most probably to over role it.

although high salary are a major factor
although high salary is a major factor

Other major factor is the comfort
another major factor is the comfort

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. Essay e-rater is sensitive.

----------------------