As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of well being .What factors contribute to job satisfaction?How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?

As most people spend a major part of their adult life at work, job satisfaction is an important element of well being .What factors contribute to job satisfaction?
How realistic is the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers?

It is undeniable fact that significant portion of adult life is spent at work and due to this job satisfaction is considered as an integral part of well being. There are several factors that contribute to job satisfaction and various circumstances create such situations that it is not realistic to expect job satisfaction for all workers.

One of the main factors responsible for job satisfaction is the working environment and relationship with boss and colleagues in the work-place. For example, if you have good relation with the boss and colleagues in the work, the job seems to be enjoyable and you are highly motivated to perform better in the job which ultimately leads to the job satisfaction. In contrast, if you have to face pushy boss and jealous colleagues who don't want to talk with you and even try to mock you, your time at the work-place will be torture for you. Another factor is undoubtedly salary and other benefits. If you are under-paid and you are deprived of the required benefits such as enough holidays, you will not be satisfied with your work.

Examining the job conditions of all workers globally reveal the fact that it is not realistic to expect the job satisfaction for all workers for various reasons. Firstly, many workers in the world have to rely on their work to satisfy the basic needs of their family and they have to stick on their job though they are not satisfied with their work. Moreover, the poor financial condition of the family and the economic situation of the country lead them to work in extreme environmental condition. For example, many workers from Nepal are working in the gulf countries in very harsh climate to support their family as there are not enough opportunities to work for them in their own countries. Thus, it is clear that expecting the job satisfaction for all workers is out of question in the present condition.

In conclusion, job satisfaction play an important role in general well being of people and many factors such as working environment, salary and benefits etc affect it significantly. Unfortunately, although it is highly desirable to achieve so, it is not realistic to expect it from every workers of the world.

It is undeniable fact that significant portion of adult life is spent at work
It is an undeniable fact that the significant portion of adult life is spent at work

will be torture for you
will be a torture for you

Examining the job conditions of all workers globally reveal the fact that
Examining the job conditions of all workers globally reveals the fact that

job satisfaction play an important role
job satisfactions play an important role