Nowadays, children and teenager play more and more computer games. Parents think computer games have little value and more harmful effects. What's opinion?

In recent years, the issue that children and teenager play more and more computer games has drawn extensive attention. Many parents believe that computer games have negative influences on children and they should control the amount of time that children spend on computer games. Personally, I think computer games have a number of positive effects on children despite its limited disadvantages.

Admittedly, computer games are harmful to children in terms of study and physical health. With the advance of gaming technology and the introduction of concept of multiple player, computer games become exceptionally compelling. Children found these games very hard to resist and often play these games for hours after hours. It seriously distract children from study. In addition, it is well known that computer screen radiation and brightness can cause many health problems such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes. For example, news paper reported that a 18-year-old die after playing 40 hours computer games.

However, computer games have many positive influences on children. To begin with, some computer games are designed to be very competitive to play and when children play those games they experience the same thing that they experience from other games without worrying breaking bones or hurting themselves. Also, computer games are often involved collaboration between players. Children can learn some basic social skills with an adult's watching and monitoring. At last, some computer games help children to gain knowledges that cannot be learnt in school. For example, a computer game called civilisation can teach children about the history of human and nations.

In conclusion, computer games have both merits and demerits. But I believe playing more computer games has more positive than negative effects to children. Therefore, parents should carefully guide children with good and educational game as well as mitigate the adverse effects of computer games.

It seriously distract children from study
It seriously distracts children from study

a 18-year-old die after playing 40 hours computer games.
a 18-year-old dies after playing 40 hours computer games.

Sentence: For example, a computer game called civilisation can teach children about the history of human and nations.
Error: civilisation Suggestion: civilization