In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution.

In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation
What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution.

In recent time, the issue of traffic problem is rampant in our modern society. The issue is discussed all over the media. People are of the opinion that the only solution to this problem is for the governments to tax enormously on private car owners and improve public transportation by using the money generated from this tax. In this essay, i will enunciate the pros and cons of this remedy in the preceding paragraphs.

On one hand, it is of no doubt that the above suggestion will tremendously reduce traffic problems. Manifold benefits will be achieved if government tax heavily on private car owners. First and foremost, the number of vehicles on the road will be abated stupendously due to the fact that not all private car owners can be able to afford such amount of tax, therefore traffic congestion will highly experience a drop and environmental pollution such as air and noise pollution will also decrease. The heavy tax will source enough revenue which will be used by governments in improving public transportation and this will go a long way in bringing about wide use of public transport in the society. One the other hand, the poor ones that usually use the public transport will be favoured as the cost of public transport will be low and attractive.

However, there are still drawbacks to this solution. Firstly, it will be quite unfair to the private car owners as no one will be happy having a car and unable to make use of it because of the heavy tax levied on the car owner. Secondly, the income of the private car owners will be alleviated as they have to budget for the tax imposed on them by the governments. Furthermore, it will discourage those who are not rich enough to afford the given tax from driving their car.

To recapitulate the given points, although there are advantages to this solution, there are also disadvantages in introducing such a policy.

Sentence: The heavy tax will source enough revenue which will be used by governments in improving public transportation and this will go a long way in bringing about wide use of public transport in the society.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a noun, singular, common
Suggestion: Refer to will and source

'On the other hand' means 'However'. It doesn't mean 'On another hand'.