Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge

Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowledge.

In our modern society, it is now common to use chemicals for food production and preservation. Although there are merits but the demerits outweigh the former. This essay will look at both sides with a given conclusion.

It is of no doubt that certain chemicals can be used as food additives. first and foremost, these chemicals when added to food can prolong the life span of the food, therefore making the food consumable at any point in time. For example in international trade whereby food is moved from one country to another over thousands or millions of miles of distance. In addition, it helps in the production of food in due time. certain chemicals for example auxin fasten the rate at which certain food is produced.

However, there are still drawbacks which in my opinion are more than the benefits we receive. These chemicals makes food lose its natural taste and by so doing, might make the consumer of the food dislike it. Also, some health issues arises from the chemicals being put into foods which can be detrimental to ones life. For example colouring in soft drinks and ice cream are few of many which can lead one to diabetes, tooth decay and so on.

All in all, one's health is the most important thing one has to be careful with. chemicals which are harmful to the body should not by any means for any reason be put into food for the safety of our lives. Although food additives are good but the dangers are more important to take into consideration.

Sentence: Although this have merits but the demerits outweigh the former.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a verb 'to have', uninflected present tense, infinitive or
Suggestion: Refer to this and have

These chemicals makes food loose its natural taste
These chemicals make food lose its natural taste

from the chemicals been put into foods
from the chemicals being put into foods

one have to be careful with.
one has to be careful with.

Although food additives is good but the dangers is more important to take into consideration.
Although food additives are good but the dangers are more important to take into consideration.

You may need to put the essay format properly next time.