A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and materialpossessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seemimportant.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material
possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem
important.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

The 21st century is the era where our world is facing a big and great changes. Globalization and modernization has brought many impacts to the world we live in. One of those changes shown by the attitude of the young generation. Respecting and honoring people has become a crucial moment for those who no longer sees beyond the hedonists way of living. This is also the impact of reflecting their lives from the well known people or commonly known as celebrities. Supposedly they become a good role model, nevertheless they are one of the reason of why our young generations have shown certain negative behavior.

Young generations are now being brought up by the glamor of globalization which promises variant of pleasures which can turn into negative effects. It has driven the old-fashioned perspectives to the modern view. Giving the disadvantages of reluctantly loosing their respect and honor to unfortunate people and only being friendly to the fortunate one. This of course is a large debacle and a laid back for the world, particularly the youth.

From this point of view, I believe that the liberalization has not only bring advantages but also reduced the dignity in many of our young generations. Judging people by their earnings, status, labels, and power are not the ideal way of living a harmony life.

In conclusion, I stand on the right side to bring back the rationalities of our young minds to always look beyond the surface of a person, by accepting them with their values, capabilities, honesty, kindness, ability and not only by the promises of their wealth.

is facing a big and great changes
is facing a big and great change

Globalization and modernization has brought many impacts
Globalization and modernization have brought many impacts

One of those changes shown by the attitude of the young generation.
One of those changes is shown by the attitude of the young generation.

for those who no longer sees beyond the hedonists way of living.
for those who no longer see beyond the hedonists way of living.

they are one of the reason
they are one of the reasons

reluctantly loosing their respect and honor
reluctantly losing their respect and honor

the liberalization has not only bring advantages
the liberalization has not only brought advantages