In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies.
In some countries youngsters are encouraged to work or travel for a year after finishing high school when they are going to start university studies. As each issue, this opinion has not only handicaps, but also benefits.
To begin with, after finishing schools, young people own more responsibilities and they begin to be independent as every adult. In this term, any difficulty which they undergo in the period of working may make youngsters become disappointed and give up their desires. As far as I am concerned, the next drawback is that a gap between finishing school and beginning university makes adaptation terribly hard. Thus, by travelling or working youngsters consider that they broaden their outlook, get experience, meet their need,earn money.For these reasons, entering university is just a waste of time.
Simultaneously, working or visiting is observed with a wide range of advantages. Firstly, by working, young people get a chance to work in the field that they want to choose as their future profession. In this case, sometimes, they realize that this area is not feasible for them. What is more, young people become experienced ones after working. Additionally, visiting helps them to broaden their outlook, acquire more information. The next benefit is that young people learn to cope with difficulties,stand on their feet when they work.
On the whole, before starting university studies young people get a great deal of benefits being extremely helpful in their adulthood, if they work or travel. As a consequence, countries ought to decline the possibility of happening of disadvantages and support youngsters to work or travel in the mentioned period.
- The idea of having a single career is becoming an old fashioned one. The new fashion will be to have several careers or ways of earning money and further education will be something that continues throughout life. 65
- These days everyone seems to have more possessions(e.g. computers, cars, mobile phones, etc) Our strong desire to own these things is making us less aware of important personal qualities such as kindness and concern for others. Do you agree or disagree? 77
- The widespread use of the Internet has brought many problems. What do you think are the main problems associated with the use of the web? What solutions can you suggest? 80
- In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies. 70
- Happiness is considered very important in life.Why is it difficult to define?What factors are important in achieving happiness? 50
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 6.5 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 14 15
No. of Words: 271 350
No. of Characters: 1369 1500
No. of Different Words: 155 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.057 4.7
Average Word Length: 5.052 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.796 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 92 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 74 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 50 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 39 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 19.357 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 6.206 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.5 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.329 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.543 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.067 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5