Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school. Do the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?

Nowadays, learning a foreign language cultivates added advantage in pursuing a career in any field; having said that, not everyone gets a chance to learn a foreign language in his/her primary education. A proportion of experts consider that learning a foreign language during initial stage of education is advantageous than learning it in secondary school level, which mirrors my notion. Let us examine the merits and demerits of this ideology further.

Admittedly, learning a foreign language during secondary education has its own benefits. Firstly, children can a lot all time mastering their native language and acquire all of the sub-skills in it, such as reading, listening, writing, and speaking, when in primary school. Secondly, other than linguistic skills, children have to learn science and mathematics in primary education, which are the key skills for their later career. Finally, during secondary education, when a person is more aware about all foreign languages, he/she could pick and choose a language of his/her interest.

However, young children are more receptive, when it comes to language learning. For instance, English, widely spoken language, has been a first language even in a country where English is not the mother tongue and also it is the official international language, so children have necessity to excel in this language right from their primary education. Besides, scientists suggest that intuitive language learning is the best approach to master a foreign language. This sub-conscious approach could be followed from childhood as how they learn native language intuitively by listening to stories.

All things considered, I am convinced that an international language should be made mandatory in primary school education which will in fact provide them ample time for learning non-native language and make them familiar and also help them gain expertise.

during initial stage of education
during the initial stage of education

English, widely spoken language, has been a first language
English, a widely spoken language, has been the first language