Some people believe that children's leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your experience.

In this contemporary world, leisure activities have become part and parcel of everyone's life. To be precise, due to busy lifestyle, people are exposed to serious stress, which in fact forces them to indulge in leisure activities to rejuvenate themselves. It is widely believed that children should carry out leisure activities which have academic value, but I am not convinced with this ideology.

To start with, there is always the other side of the coin. Certain leisure activities have negative influence on the children. Firstly, playing video games are the most preferred activity for teenagers, thanks to advancements in technology. Vulgarity and violence are the trademark of these games that actually triggers anti social behavior in children. Secondly, watching television is one of the significant leisure activities which is not only addictive but also a main cause for sedentary lifestyle. As a result children obesity rate have become higher these days.

Coming back to my opinion, children carry huge academic burden right from their primary education due to their parents' expectation and ever-rising competition. Even though, playing a sport does not serve any educational purpose, it boosts not only their physical endurance but also makes them mentally agile. For instance, there have been alarming statistics which states the increasing mental disorder among children due to the academic pressure. To counteract this disability, children must do away from education for a while, at least when they happen to involve in leisure activities.

After slicing and dicing both views, I am convinced that leisure activities should have nothing to do with academics. At the same time, there are leisure activities which could be a potential harm to the children that have to be avoided for their good.

due to busy lifestyle,
due to busy lifestyles,

playing video games are the most preferred activity
playing video games is the most preferred activity

of these games that actually triggers anti social behavior
of these games that actually trigger anti social behaviors

but also a main cause for sedentary lifestyle.
but also a main cause for sedentary lifestyles.

children obesity rate have become higher these days.
children obesity rates have become higher these days.