Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is place to learn this.
Discuss both the views and give your opinion.
No one can deny that in order to be a good member of the society a person needs to be taught the necessary manners in his childhood itself. But it has been a topic of debate whether the home or the school is the best place for children to learn these manners.
We must acknowledge that the parents know their children the best. Children feel safe to ask anything to their parents. Hence parents can teach their children and make them well mannered in the best suited way. Although some people believe that children try to imitate their company of friends, it is being scientifically proved that parents have a majority influence and most of the children try to follow their parents. Moreover most of the children try to follow their parents. Thus parents are able to make their children well mannered in the most practical way.
On the other hand we see some parents themselves being manner less. Also some are so soft hearted towards their children that they are not able to scold or punish them over their misconduct. Moreover there are some parents in society who come up from poverty, who are not able to teach their children good manners in a professional way.
Nevertheless, school is a place where every child is bound to behave good. Here any type of misconduct is punishable. Moreover, school teachers are professionals and they teach the students in an advanced manner. But there are limitations to school teaching, such as, a teacher cannot tutor every student personally over his manners.
Thus it can be concluded that the schools play an equally important role as parents do in molding their children to become good citizens of society.
- the graph and table below give the information about the water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarise the info by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparison wherever relevant. 80
- The 3 piecharts show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981,1991 and 2001.Summarise the info by selecting and reporting the main features , and make comparisons where relevant 90
- Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is place to learn this.Discuss both the views and give your opinion. 95
- Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what way technology affected the type of relationship people make?Has this become a positive or negative development? 60
- Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective? 66
No. of Different Words: 141 200
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 7.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 16 15
No. of Words: 286 350
No. of Characters: 1339 1500
No. of Different Words: 141 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 4.112 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.682 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.434 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 91 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 71 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 41 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 17 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 17.875 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 7.672 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.688 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.361 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.62 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.176 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 5 5