some people think that robots are very important to human’s future development. Others think that they are dangerous and have negative effects on society. Discuss both opinions and give your personal view.

Due to the rapid development of technology, an increasing number of intelligent robots and designed and applied to help or substitute humans in some activities. According to this trend, a heated debate as to whether robots are beneficial or harmful to humans and society arises recently.

People who think robots can facilitate human’s development in the future hold reasons as follows. Firstly, some jobs such as miners, firefighters, and police are fairly dangerous to humans. For the sake of safety, robots are a better choice to this kind of highly risky work. Secondly, differ from humans, robots do not need to take a rest because they can always be energetic. Because of this characteristic, robots are able to complete tasks in a highly efficient manner without making errors. Thirdly, robots can prevent frauds such as collusions from happening because they do not have thought and act in their self-interests. The quality of people’s life, the sense of happiness, and the speed of social development can be improved by replacing humans with robots.

Opponents argue that robots will bring negative impacts on the world and society because robots can be used to commit crimes, to hurt people, and to cause the social disorder. For instance, it is much easier and more effective for terrorists to attack the innocent to create fear and disturb the world if they use robots as one of their weapons. And also, it is pretty difficult for people to defend against and the police to prevent robots which have no life and emotion.

In my opinion, there is no denying that robots can benefit us to some extent. In order to develop well at a rapid speed, we had better take the advantages of robots. However, governments should implement some measures to reduce the drawbacks brought, for example, the government limits the number of robots produced and strictly censors the buyers and their application of robots.

an increasing number of intelligent robots and designed and applied to help
an increasing number of intelligent robots are designed and applied to help