Some universities admit students purely on the basis of academic grades, while other universities consider the interview and personal statement to be important.

Over the last few years, a growing number of people hold a view that students are admitted by some universities on the basis of academic grades. However, other universities take the interview and personal statement more essential aspects for accepting students to these universities. This essay will look into both sides of this issue.

First of all, it is undeniable that there are some universities which pay more attention to students’ marks when youth try to register for these universities, because academic grades are objective. Marks of students is authentic and by giving their grades they can not deceive anyone in order to enter the university. What is more, such kind of universities do not think that interviews are as important as students’ grades, because this process is too short to make an assessment for a student and while interviewing students can embellish their personal statement with an inaccurate information.

On the other hand, other universities claim that the interview and a personal statement is much more essential for several reasons. For instance, while respondent answers to questions, interviewer can notice his interviewee’s social skills and can reveal his or her personality. Moreover, by asking questions examiner can also be aware of which subjects of the study are more interesting for this student.

To sum up, we can not deny the role of an interview and a personal statement in admitting student to university, but I think that the basis of academic grades should be taken as main factor in accepting students.

Marks of students is authentic
Marks of students are authentic

More content wanted. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…