Today the high sales of consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is undeniable fact that the advertising plays an important role in the society to attract huge number of people to buy the items. Nowadays, it is apparent that high sales of consumer goods is due to the strong impact of advertising rather than the real needs of the society. The argument is discussed in the following paragraphs.

Undoubtedly, the advertisement acts as the strong catalyst to lure any person to buy the things especially the children. For example, when children see the advertisement of cheese ball, they force their parents to buy for them although it is not necessary and as a result the sales of such product soars up due to the immense effect of advertisement rather than the requirement. There are also other products which are greatly affected by advertisement such as latest television set, latest model of cars etc which otherwise wouldn't be bought by customer if they were not displayed in the advertisement.

On the other hand, there are still some products which are hardly affected by the advertisement. For instance, the products such as rice, salt, wheat etc which are very essential for the day to day life are not affected by advertisements at all and obviously these are sold only on the basis of real needs of the society.

In conclusion, although day to day essential products are sold in the market according to the need of society, majority of products that are available in the market are extremely influenced by the advertisement and in the absence of the advertisement the sales of these products are likely to cease.

It is undeniable fact that
It is an undeniable fact that

high sales of consumer goods is due to the strong impact
high sales ... are due to the strong impact

More content wanted. Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…