Today, more and more parents depend on their children’s grandparents for childcare. Do you think this is a positive or negative trend?

Nowadays, most of parents don't give up their jobs while having their children, thus the biggest issue they face is that they don't have enough time to take care of children during working hours. With more and more parents asking help from grandparents for childcare, people have debatable views on this.

On the one hand, grandparents is the first candidates that parents can trust for looking after children. Comparing to house maid, they are truly care of their children. Secondly, grandparents living together with family would tighten the family bonds, and whole family would enjoy the grateful joy from the gradual growth of children. From another point of view, this is good to grandparents' health as well, due to they are living in joy and feeling the sense of happiness with big family together.

On the other hand, there are also many drawbacks for childcare from grandparents. Grandparents normally don't discipline children on their wrong behaviors, and let children to behave as they please. This would lead to a negative impact on development of children's social and emotional skills. Children might become frustrated when other people don't meet their requirements. They live in a dream world which created by their grandparents, with disconnecting to the real society. For instance, many young criminals globally are proved that their criminal behaviors are related to the non-disciplined experience during childhood.

In conclusion, from my view, it is true that grandparents helping to take care of children relieves the burden on parents shoulders, however, parents need pay more attention to discipline their children and avoid them being spoiled by their grandparents. To stay close with their children and interact with them frequently after work would be a good way to avoid these drawbacks.

due to they are living in joy and feeling the sense of happiness with big family together.
Description: check books how to use 'due to'.

negative impact on development of children's social and emotional skills.
negative impact on the development of children's social and emotional skills.

They live in a dream world which created by their grandparents
They live in a dream world which is created by their grandparents
They live in a dream world created by their grandparents

grandparents helping to take care of children relieves the burden
grandparents helping to take care of children relieve the burden

--------------------------