Today more people are travelling than ever before.Why is this the case?What are the benefits of travelling for the traveller?

Today more people are travelling than ever before.
Why is this the case?
What are the benefits of travelling for the traveller?

Nowadays, more people are able to travel compared to earlier days. This is accountable to the improvement in road works and the many means to reach the desired destination. Besides the pleasure one gets for travelling, there are other benefits to it.

One of the rewards we give ourselves from working long hours is getting the chance to spend holidays by travelling. A lot of the airlines now offer great deals and packages for the travellers. Visiting those recommended countries for tourists becomes feasible as prices are now affordable. This is what I noticed from being in Singapore for almost 9 years. I used to just dream of overseas travel when I win the lottery but it is not as impossible now. Having a better paying job, great promotions and different means of paying the bill made it all a reality.

Besides the sheer satisfaction and enjoyment travelling bring, one also gets the chance to relax before going back to the usual stress of working. Another benefit is having the opportunity to learn about other countries' culture and traditions. Sometimes, we appreciate more what we have after finding out the conditions of others. This is what I realize when I visited Bali together with my husband and friends. Their means of transportation is not as convenient as we have here in Singapore. I saw students and professionals having to wait long to board a bus as there doesn't seem to be enough for all. Most of them would be driving a scooter, no matter what they are wearing or carrying with them. They might consider it as the most reliable means of transportation but from where I come from, most accidents happen to those driving or riding a scooter or motorbike. Most often than not, they are the cause of these mishaps.

In my opinion, it is good once in awhile to travel. Considering one has the time and means to do so. We should know how to prioritize our time and enjoy seeing the rest of the world while we still can.

need more content for 'Why is this the case?'