1 Many criminals re offend after they have been punished Why do some people continue to commit crimes after being punished and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem

1. Many criminals re-offend after they have been punished. Why do some people continue to commit crimes after being punished, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?

It is clear that several criminals continuously committed a crime after they have been released back to society. this essay will discuss the causes and offer solutions to tackle this problem.

First of all, poverty, unemployment, and uneducated are three fundamental reasons which make an ordinary person commit a crime. after release back into society, the law-breaker has no way of making a living, so they will rob or steal to meet the basic needs. For instance, offenders always live in impoverished areas with no work choices or educational programs after releasing back—that why they quickly turn to crime again. To reduce the high rate of re-offenders, the government should provide education or vocational training to help wrong-doers increase rehabilitation chances. offenders should be encouraged to approach education and developed areas that help them to broaden their
knowledge to quickly back to society.

The second reason is that the criminal record makes finding a job more difficult. The offender often tries to make a fresh start after release from prison, for example, finding a job or running a business by themself. Due to criminal records, no company or workplace wants to give them a sponsor or allow them to work. Because of that, rehabilitation programs should be prepared to have a good preparation for release into society. Community services are another method to reform offenders.

In conclusion, there are many re-offender causes: lack of opportunity to find jobs, uneducated, criminal record. government and authority should cooperate to help them make a new life after serving a prison sentence.