Advertisements are becoming more and more common in everyday life Is it a positive or negative development

These days commercials are increasingly prevalent. This development, in many cases, should be more beneficial.

Advertisements help custommers know about new products. For those who are regularly busy and therefore have little time to go shopping, capturing the market for newly - launched products would be very difficult. However, this problem through advertising was resolved. Taking advantage of frequent exposure to adverts, consumers would not necessitate to go to supermarkets or shopping centers to update new or hot current trending products. This would save them a large amount of time for shopping. For example, Nguyễn Thị A – my friend, whose job is a doctor which makes her so busy that she doesn’t have much time to go shopping at stores, chooses to research adverts. Without advertising, she could limit her selection or hardly make the informed shopping decision.

Admittedly, advertisers often exaggerate or even provide in unreliable information about products quality. This would make buyers have bad shopping experiences,worse still adversely affects the users’ health. To illustrate this point of view, Nguyen Thi A - my sister bought a bag on Shoppe - one of the popular online shopping platforms in Vietnam, this product is advertised as: size about 30x35cm, could fit 15 -16 inch laptops, black color, waterproof Simili leather material, but that she received smaller than the advertised size, the material was not Simili leather and worse still it broken after 3 times used because the seam on the bag is not tight. However, consumers would limit this risk by choosing a payment method after checking the quality of goods to avoid receiving products incorrect described on the commercials.

In conclusion, in my point of view, advertising which is becoming more and more porpular in present – day life is generally a beneficial trend.