Do you agree that the advantages cars bring outweigh the disadvantages

Do you agree that the advantages cars bring outweigh the disadvantages?

Over the last few decades, remarkable advantages have been made in the field of the car industry. However, some people believe that cars may lead to several problems. Personally, I believe that the beneficial aspects of cars overpower detrimental sons. In the issue, both viewpoints for and against cars will be discussed.
To begin, there are several advantages to cars. By far the most advantage of cars is that its fastness. Namely, if you in a hurry, cars will be the best bet for you. An additional merit of cars is comfort compared to public transport. For example, you can feel relax in the car and you can drive it where you want.
On the other hand, various drawbacks may be noted. In the first place, cars may pollute the air and damage the environment. An example to illustrate this point, today much oil (petrol) is consumed by cars and they emit a lot of toxic gases to the atmosphere. Another one major disadvantage associated with cars is that noisy. If you live in a city, you hear the car noisy every day, as a result, these noises can lead to some health problems such as loss of heard skells.
To sum up, as aforementioned there are arguments for and against cars. However, I believe the merits outstrip the demerits.