Essay topics: Government should spend more money for the construction in railways rather than in roads. To what extent do you agree or disagree. Give examples and evidences to support your position.
government supposed to funding railroads constructing rather than highways. To some measure, I agree with the idea. However, I also believe that finance road development is also important.
On the one hand, developing railways is economically beneficial as well as safe for the community due to the fact that it could provide low-cost transportation. The train ticket for 100 Kilometers of distance, for example, is cost just about 100.000 Indonesian Rupiah, compares to other modes of transportation expense such as buses or taxis, it just about a half of the ticket price. Furthermore, the traffic accident rarely happens in on the train. As a result, by funding the construction of railroads, the government not only provides low-fare public transportation but also offer safety for the travelers.
On the other hand, the geographical factors are worth to consider in term of development of transportation facilities such as railroads. For the country such as Indonesia, the geographical surface is should be taken into account because of train system could not be used as a public transportation due to it located in mountain areas. Therefore, the development of roads is preferable compares to railways. Moreover, by funding the highways the government could save a large amount of money since the vehicles are not provided by the government but it is afforded by the citizens. As a result, the government could save large amount of money and spending it for the other purpose.
To conclude, I think both railways and highways essential to be funded by the government as long as economic and geographical are taken into consideration.
- The government should allocate more funding to teaching sciences rather than other subjects in order for a country to develop and progress. To what extend do you agree? (67)
- Some People believe that to be successful at a sport you need a natural ability and others think that hard work and practice can make you successful. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (89)
- Schools should not force children to learn a foreign language. To what extent do you agree with this statement? (61)
- The chart shows the percentage of car manufacturer's total car sales in different regions from 2006 to 2010. (73)
- Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by the governmentsrather than private companies. Do you agree or disagree? (73)
- Some people think that there should be some strict controls about noise. Others think that they could just make as much noise as they want. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- The world has seen an enormous increase in flights for leisure, business, and commercial purposes around the world over recent years. What do you think are the main advantages and disadvantages of such flights?Do you think flights should be taxed more? (61)
- More and more people are suffering from health problems caused by a modern lifestyle which can not be treated with modern medicines. Some people think that a return to traditional medicine should be encouraged. To what extent do you agree?. (73)
- The graphs below show information about citizenship in the UK. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (78)
- Some people get into debt by buying things they don’t need and can’t afford. What are the reasons for this behaviour? What action can be taken to prevent people from having this problem? (73)