Essay topics: In many countries today insufficient respect is shown to older people.
What do you think may be the reasons for this?
What problems might this cause in society?
Disrespectful to elders is a growing concern in many parts of the world. There are several reasons for this, but I believe that the primary reason is the society changed into a past face world. Due to this disrespect toward to elders, the young children are treating elders as the main income source rather than as a weak human being. In this essay will discuss about the reasons for the growing number of people treat older people without respects and the possible causes which can be resulted from this.
As the society changes into a competitive world, people are busy to take care of themselves and as a result, people are taking less care with the elders. For example, in this modern era, people have to compete with a machine as well as each other and that can be mean that the more working hours are inevitable. Lesser hours for being with the family and lesser times being with friends can lead to lesser caring for elders. Therefore, having a less time with elders create the lack of bond between the elders and youth and that can lead to such issue.
In addition to this, as the society develops, people’s demand on their entitlements so increases which inclusive of elder’s pensions and medicine systems. In Australia, for instance, has published the statistics starting that about 5 labours are currently support 1 elder for his pension and health cares and this ratio is continuously increased to 10 labours to 1 elder by 2020. As a result of this, the younger generation can have more financial burdens and they can have a wrong target of blaming the elders for their burdens.
Due to these several reasons, there is a growing issue with young people disrespectful to elders. If this continues, the young generation will be treating the elders as the sources of money flows. In the case of Korea, for example, there are increasing youth crimes related to killing elders to get finances supporting their living standards. Like this, the competitive world has been forcing people to treat elders as the main income sources rather than the societal weak levels.
Moreover, as the more tax burdens have pressured young people, the growing number of elders seeks for an employment as a consequence. In the case of Korea, about 65% of elders are currently employed and 40% of among them have answered their reasons for working as to support themselves without any help from the young generations. However, this is raising the market competition and that pressure onto young workers even more. Therefore, this old employment is worsening the employment market situations.
In conclusion, the fast pace society and the competitive market are the main reasons for the growing issue for disrespecting older people by younger generations despite several other reasons. Due to these reasons, the incremental rate of committing crime by youth and the elderly occupation are inevitable.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|5 months 3 weeks ago||wardiati||73||Read full essay|
|5 months 4 weeks ago||fachryadul92||67||Read full essay|
|2 years 8 months ago||Hussein1987||67||Read full essay|
|2 years 10 months ago||SuperArmut||56||Read full essay|
|2 years 10 months ago||zddemir||56||Read full essay|
|4 years 11 months ago||avu14||75||Read full essay|
|6 years 5 months ago||Bustanul Arifin||60||Read full essay|
|6 years 11 months ago||cholpon||62.2222||Read full essay|
- Some people think that we do not need to print papers newspapers anymore. Do you agree or disagree? (48)
- Shopping is dangerous because it makes people selfish and careless with money. Do you agree or disagree? (76.5)
- Some people think that we do not need to print papers newspapers anymore. Do you agree or disagree? (78)
- As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (58.5)
- Some people think that technology has made our life too complex. However, other people think that it has made our life easier. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (73)
- Air traffic is increasingly leading to more noise, pollution and airport construction. One reason for this is the growth in low-cost passenger flights, often to holiday destinations. Some people might say that governments should try to reduce air traffic (63)
- Nowadays, many people receive prescriptions of medication regularly. What are the causes of this trend? What consequences can this have for a person? (73)
- Some people claim that living in big cities is creating difficulties whereas others think it makes easier. Discuss both views and give your opinion. (82)
- Some people work for the same organisation all their working life. Others think that it is better to work for different organisations. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (55.5)
- : A society develops the technology in communicating devices rapidly such as smart phones, tablets and other communicating devices. Some people claims that the disadvantages of such device outweigh the advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (71.5)